Sunday, January 25, 2009

Week 2- Using technology

As a 'teacher' I will use technology to my advantage. With the world growing so fast and all the new technologies we need to use them in teaching. The students are going to either be trying to sneakily use them in my class or want to use them. So it would be best if I figured out the best way to incorporate them into my lessons. Students learn more if they are not bored and if they are having fun learning. With all the new technologies the students would actually be enjoying what they are learning.
I will use these tools also when it comes to communicating with my students and teachers. Most students will have accesses to a computer or if not they are able to use the library. I would first find out if my students have computers. And then if they all do I would not have a problem communicating with them that way. I would make a class website for them to find out all the information there on what is due and what they should be doing. They will be able to see a calendar as well so they might see any upcoming activities. Most parents like to be aware at all times what is going on in their child's class. This will be the best way that they can know all the time what is going on. They will also help their child make sure they get their homework done. The parents will also be able to communicate with me through email. I will use that as my primary source to get a hold of me, and I will make sure that I'm constantly checking my email. Unless they have a more urgent problem then I will have them call my phone.
I have to be very careful however with the tools I use in my classroom that the students don't take advantage of them. I have to carefully watch them when they are working on the computer and make sure they are not just surfing the web and using other websites that are not appropriate for class.

Videos: I really like the video about the fractions. It made me laugh because I had never seen a rap made into a fraction song. While watching it I thought that it was pretty cool and that the students would actually enjoy watching that and learning from it since the older students are into music. And they say that you learn things better by using music to help you remember it. I even felt like I learned how to do fractions better!
The second video was a good information video I felt. It helped to teach me about all of the new technologies that are out there that I need to take advantage of. The way they edited though I felt like I was getting into a trans with all the flashy color. I found that my eyes kept zoning in on the words. I thought that if I made a video using those flashy colors and music that I would be able to have my students pay attention. I would make the video so that it would teach them things with the core we are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment