Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Week 3- Technology #1

Digestive Tract
By clicking on the word above it will take you to the web page.

My objective for this tool would be to teach the 5th graders about the digestive tract and how it works. I want them to be able to learn the different parts by actually seeing what they look like. For their assessment I will have them draw different diagrams of the body and label each part giving the definition of what it does.
They will use this virtual tour web page as their main learning tool of the digestive tract. This is an amazing website that will grab the students attention. Anything that has movement with the students will help to catch their attention. This virtual tour walks them through all of the steps of the tract. It shows what happens when you eat food and also what happens when you just think about food. Not only does it show the pictures but it also tells you about the process. You are able to control this tour as well. So if you need more time on a certain page you are able to stay there and read the information. Then if you need to go back or forward a couple pages you are able to click through the different pages. You are not stuck in a show where you cannot control your pace. With this website it would be good to go at a slow pace on each page and use other sources to give more details on the certain parts.
I personally learned a lot from this webpage. I learned that the small intestine is comprised of three parts: the duodenum, the jejunum and the ileum. That was very interesting to me because I just thought that the small intestine was just a long tube. I also learned that it is the most important absorbing organ of the digestive tract. The second thing I learned was about the large intestine, like the small intestine I didn’t know that it was comprised of different things. I was really surprised when I learned that they were made up of different parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment