Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Strengths & Weaknesses

My weak areas were dealing with the equity, ethics, legal, and human issues concerning use of computers and technology. I have heard of the different issues, but do not know them in full detail. I am unsure of all the guidelines. I would be able to learn more about these guidelines by doing some research online. I could also attend a few workshops on this information. My next weak area is the video conferencing such as the Iowa Communications Network. I know what video conferencing is, but I have not used it before. I have not had any experiences where I needed to use it. I would like to use video conferencing more. I think we would be able to conduct more meetings. My last area of weakness is using databases to collect, organize, and analyze data and produce meaningful reports. I know how to do all those things, but going into big detail I'm not sure how to use it all fully.

My strong areas are using the multimedia computer system. I am very good at using the different technologies on the computer. I am very savvy at using the computer. I know how to operate basic and discipline-specific equipment. I am great at involving all the technologies with my different projects I present. Students learn better by seeing things visually. They need to have things that catch their attention and keep their focus in their learning process. I am able to incorporate a lot of technology into my teaching.

If I am not an expert in the certain areas I will use different tools to help become better in those areas. I can go to different workshops to learn more about it. I can also learn about the different areas online at different websites. There are so many tools on the internet that can teach you all the things you would need to know. My goals would be to completely up to date on all the new technologies. I hope to also be able to know all the certain rules and regulations regarding the different technologies. It is so important to use technology in teaching to help your students be able to focus better. They will enjoy their learning if they have something visually appealing to their eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment